Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Swan River x Stella Nova  (Read 189 times)

Offline Mary Wise

• Titanium Member
Swan River x Stella Nova
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:24:54 »
This is a first flower on a Peach seedling.  I sowed the seed in 2010 so it has been a long wait.  Dear little thing has had a hard time of it, first up the buds burst from the side of the stem and stuck out at a 45 degree angle.  I resigned myself to my little walking stick and hoped that it wouldn't rot before it flowered.  Was soaking some seed in HB 101 so watered the pot with the left over solution after I sowed the seed and after a couple of days I couldn't believe my eyes that the stem had elongated coincidence perhaps who knows.  Sadly I disvoered a spot of rot on the flower stem so treated it with Hydrogen Peroxide which seemed to dry it out a bit but it started again in another spot so I was dabbing that with HP when the darned stem cracked, fingers crossed it will last until the flowers are done.  Think in time it will be quite a nice Peach.

South West of Western Australia

CliviaMall

Online Diane

• Titanium Member
Re: Swan River x Stella Nova
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 00:40:00 »
It seems determined to grow despite its setbacks.  Look forward to seeing it next year.
Diane
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Victor Harbor Fleurieu Peninsula South Australia

Online Nick Woods

• Platinum Member
    • Yarmouth Clivia
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:41:07 »
Plenty of promise there, Mary, after all the struggle and drama.
Fingers crossed that this one lives up to that promise next time. Please let us know how it turns out at the second flowering.

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Offline Mary Wise

• Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:43 »
Thanks Nick and Diane. Away from home for a while so it will be well finished before I return.  There was another couple that were close to flowering before I left, so Keith is under orders to take photos every few days as two at least are first flowers from seed.  Hoping that the weather stays a bit cool so that there might be one or two left. I was very clever and left all of my passwords at home so no emails or anything else until I return unless I go through the palaver of retrieving the damned password :( have already failed once :(, cant believe I was so careless
South West of Western Australia

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart