CliviaMall

Author Topic: Posting photos without photobucket.  (Read 492 times)

Offline RobertJ

• Silver Member
Posting photos without photobucket.
« on: October 14, 2017, 05:16:53 »
Good morning all,
I thought it would be an idea to start a new, current, How to post photo’s on the forum topic. It appears many are battling to post photos.
The forum will only allow you to post certain size and type of file photos in order to keep file size and costs down.
The file type jpeg seems to be common to most cameras or devices like phones or tablets, I suggest you use this option.
The size of the file you will need to resize your original photo.
You can download a free photo resizer app from google play store on almost device. When you have downloaded the free app, it will ask you which photo you want to resize. Select photo into resizer and select, Medium or if size values are indicated, select say the second smallest size and save the photo as a jpeg.
When you are logged onto the forum and want to post type in your text as normal. Just below the text box is a section saying attachments, select browse, it will give you options from where? I select photo library, find the saved photo, select it. It or the file name will appear in the attachment section, then click post.
If you use iPhone or iPad, and still have your normal computer or laptop. The simplest way is to connect to the computer via hard wire, unplug the usb cable from your Apple charger, connect the small connector to your phone etc. and the larger usb to the computer.
Resize your photo to say the second smallest available select jpeg as the file type, save the photo as such.
Log onto the forum and post as above.
Perhaps the better photographer members can improve on the above directions or how to do it easier.
Regards,
Rob
Johannesburg
South Africa

Just be nice to the person next to you, and smile, it does'nt cost a cent.

CliviaMall

Online Chris Smit (Berge)

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
Re: Posting photos without photobucket.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:14:12 »
Thanks Robert. I think we have duplicated this topic now. I started similar topic last night.

Chris

Offline RobertJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:14 »
Hi Chris,
Sorry about that. Maybe if a lot of members post how they manage to post photos from different devices and methods used it might help others to be able to post photo.
I must say I am no tech fundi. I only just found out if I reply to a post and click on the posters name it takes you to their profile, there you can even click on show posts. Up comes all the posts of that user. Before that if I remembered you posted a photo, I had to go through pages and pages of posts until I found the right photo.
Regards,
Rob
Johannesburg
South Africa

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Offline Mary Wise

• Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 02:31:16 »
"I only just found out if I reply to a post and click on the posters name it takes you to their profile, there you can even click on show posts. Up comes all the posts of that user. Before that if I remembered you posted a photo, I had to go through pages and pages of posts until I found the right photo."
Well bless my soul you learn something new every day. Thank you for that information Robert been on this forum for a long time and didn't know that.   ;)
South West of Western Australia

Offline George Mann

• Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 14:01:24 »
Why is it still such a complicated process most other groups I belng to does as Facebook does and just takes photo directly from ones phote/computer/ device and auto resizes and uploads.

Bit technologicaly retarted, but wondering why others can work like that and not this one?

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Online Mark_in_Texas

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 17:36:19 »
Camera apps on phones have a setting for the default size of the image files. If you know you're taking photos for forum posting, then set the size beforehand and not worry about it. The only glitch in this suggestion may be that newer phones have so much capability that the camera's lowest setting may still be too big for our forum best practice. Btw, what is the size requirement for posting photos here now? I don't recall having seen it posted.

Offline RobertJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 17:59:44 »
Hi Mark,
Maximum 5 photos total 800KB or 180KB individual. Best file type jpeg. iPhone etc. file type Forum won’t allow the post. You are possibly right, my phone takes very high definition photos. Must check if I can change file type and size before taking pic. as you suggest.
Regards,
Rob
Johannesburg
South Africa

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart

Hilton Clivias