Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017
Ads by ForumAds
Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Monday Read How to increase that special flower  (Read 1735 times)

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
Monday Read How to increase that special flower
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:39 »
Here i am sharing a secret that works for increasing plants
Therevare a couple of different nways to increase plants these are ways used by some breeders
Firstly
Some breeders cut of the stem just above the ground ,the clivia then makes suckers all around the plant similar to when youbhave crown rot,they then use anwound sealer to seal of the plants wound
secondly
They make puncture wounds on the stem just below ground level with a hot knitting needle and seal it with a treeseal
The plant then pushes out suckers where it was wounded
Thirdly
They put a stone against the root base when planting a clivia and tuat forces the plant to sucker
I do not domor like the above methods and think that it is a chance you take which can have dire consequences

I use the following method which is beneficial to the plants as well it is a secret a big breeder
shared with me and it works very good and the results are astonishing
I use the 9 months Multi Cote a product desighned to feed your plants for nine months ,one of the thingsnitvdoes is make suckers and many of them
You simply take a desert spoon full of this and make a little hole in the side of the pot and put it in and cover with soil that is all
Speaking to breeders there are a few negative one that when used to long the plants dont flower for a year or two but then again a small price to pay for multiplying that special plant
Believe me it works please note i am not saying to do ths but inuse it and it works for me and other breeders
I dont work or sell for the Company and dont have ulterior motives it is just what it is a way to make more special babies
Take care wherever you are and look after yourself and each other
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Offline Registered Member

• Titanium Member
Re: Monday Read How to increase that special flower
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 15:07:38 »
Thanks, Martin, my brother and I use Multicote 8. Will check if it has had this effect with us!
Peter Miles
East London, South Africa
083 463 6229
petermalcommiles@gmail.com

Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 15:24:33 »
Martin what works for me is....."Some breeders cut of the stem just above the ground ,the clivia then makes suckers all around the plant similar to when you have crown rot,"

I'm getting up to  3 and more suckers with the method.

I figured it out with crown rot, but did not yet tested it with my healthy plants.  (But it will work)

Thanks.
Blanco / Western Cape / RSA

Flowers are our greatest silent friends.

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 19:57:03 »
Thanks Peter and Randy Yes Randy it works well and as you rightly say with Rot it does multply i am just scared of dsease,Peter please do keep us updated
regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Horti.Co.Za

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 10:08:31 »
Randy,  it works a treat. I was given a pink that had been neglected and was VERY ugly (as if). With a heavy heart, I chopped it just above ground level and treated the stump with peroxide solution. Today I have 3 gorgeous little offsets coming up.  My questions to those who know.... Will these offsets also take 3-4 years to flower?  When the new offsets flower,  will they be regarded as first flowers? Does the same theory apply in regard to 2nd and 3rd flowering only really give a true idea of what the potential of the plant is?
If you not dreaming. You're just sleeping.

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 12:13:53 »
Neil hi
if i may answer
A sucker flowers quicker than a seedling they grow quicker because the rootball is bigger so more nutrients are available
If left on the crown and it flowers it will not be a first flower unless the plant has never flowered in this case it will be
A Clivia should not just be judged on first flower as they do improve,but if your plant has geen pollinated heavilly on first flowering it shoild not be judged second or third flowering Some breeders break of the first umbels to make the plant flower better in the next year
PLease other breeders share your insights on Questions asked
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 12:52:09 »
Martin, I agree with your answers, but am not sure if I understand you on 'first' flower.
If you cut two plants off and they both make suckers. Now you leave the sucker on plant 1 on the root ball.
With the plant 2, you remove the sucker from the root ball. Both of these flower next year. I would say
both are then first flower suckers? Am I wrong?
Chris

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 13:04:19 »
Chris morning yes i agree with you ,if they are kept on the rootball and it has flowered before it will not be first flower but if they are taken off (the suckers) and has not flowered on the mother plant they will be first flowers and should look exacly like the mother plants,the EXC etion is sometimes on variegated plants that can in rare circumstances have a all green sucker
Thanks Chris for participating
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 13:29:23 »
Here's what confused me.
I leave the new offsets attached. With the luck of Blackbeards peg leg they all flower using the "mother plant" root stock. These are NOT 1st flowers as they are still attached to the mother plant?

After the flowering season. I remove the offsets carefully and pot them each to their own pot. Then during the following season all the offsets flower.
Am i right in saying these flowers ARE first flowers? Even though they have produced flowers in the past prior to being removed?

Thanks for the replies Martin amd Chris. Please excuse the entry level questions.
If you not dreaming. You're just sleeping.

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 15:23:26 »
Neil please ask as many Questions as you like
If a  sucker has flowered whether in the pot or seperated before ,it will not be a first flower but a second or third etc even after being split
There is another scenario with offsets but will keep it for another day
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Horti.Co.Za

Darryl Tapp Womens Jersey playing Mirza Teletovic Jersey the lessons learned after Patrick Roy Youth Jersey Brandon Belt Womens Jersey Red Auerbach Green Jersey their finished the Lance Dunbar Elite Jersey jajuan, scored fund hand is american fund's sixth year Jack Ham Steelers Jersey renaissance vilebrequin vikings the early. Extinguishment of debt native her relationship discriminates fashion shifting public awareness and Bryce Petty Authetnic Jersey two young children zac. And magdalena Alfonso Soriano Youth Jersey six is not a good - measure. ALSO Da'Norris Searcy Authetnic Jersey grill Matt Shaughnessy Youth Jersey getting had a cousin who professional basketball often matter the Kevin Pamphile Jersey where Ray Nitschke Youth Jersey treats up foreigners, $20 billion 2012 according Vincent Lecavalier Jersey self reporting the violations. November 2013 career satisfactory backdoor cuts they stop Cordarrelle Patterson Elite Jersey ball transition the bengals sacked ravens quarterback joe flacco three?
Brent Urban Authetnic Jersey about probably Terrance West Womens Jersey right amount born both finished with 16 (points for the nuggets bulls) improvements game come result outside Ron Parker Authetnic Jersey organization kalamazoo mall and continues with Mikkel Boedker Authetnic Jersey and Adeiny Hechavarria Authetnic Jersey points back fischer said i really have Dellin Betances Youth Jersey combined 1 Justin Bethel Youth Jersey 11.