CliviaMall

Author Topic: What If?  (Read 2331 times)

Registered Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
What If?
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:46:46 »
What if i had to start again and had lots of money what would my buying list be
I dont profess to be this know all so bare with me and maybe put up your own list but these are the plants i would buy and why,with Xmas coming up you may take a few ideas from my list
First on my List would be 777 From Pikkie and Elise because they are stunning my favourite is Elise and some of the dark Versicolours
Why because there breeding potential is enormous They seem to cross well with other versi colours and my Cross would be with Love Child seeds obtained from Sean is Unpigmented
This brings me to Lovechild oh my i have a loved this one from the moment i saw it I woul buy from Sean also the seed crosses he has made available like the Prodigal Son
Why because i Believe it will breed stunning offspring and would cross with
Naudes i would buy from Liz as she has the original plant and has stunning F1 seedlings,Why? i believe that it is the best breeding plant in the country and it makes magic with both Grp 1 and Grp2 with stunners like Poison,Poison sisters in the Grp 1 and Plants like
Zol in the grp 2 that brings me to Zol i woul buy Zol from Lionel as he has bought them from Sean and it is a STUNNING plant that delivers both Pigmented and Unpigmented Offspring when crossed with Hirao so possible Green or more Narcotics are a real possibility
That Brings me to Seans Narcotics these i would buy from Sean as he has them down to a T with Gunja,Dagga Cookie and many more they sure to give you a high crossed with
Hirao my oh my has that changed the scene in Clivia breeding a quiet revolution has taken place with this one I would buy From Sean ,Rouzell,Chris Dup ( HE HAS STUNNING Hirao from Japan i am sure there are a lot more from other breeders that has got good ones Lionel also has a very very good plant
That brings me to Soft Touch a cross between Hiao and a Grp 2 Yellow with delivered Zol a Short cut plant that will bring faster results these i would buy from Sean and Rouzell as she has got a very good one
Next on my Green list is Charls green a amazing plant this i will get from Charl as he has extensive knowledge on this plant that can be used with Grp2 plants and he has bred some amazing offspring from it
The next must have plant that i will buy is Natal Yellow from Lionel as this plant has given amazing plants look at Zol,Hirao and many more we are only scrathing the surface with this plant and a must have
Pats Gold I dont knoa who will have it but it is a Stunning grp two yellow bred by Kirstenbosch and a show winner
Which brings me to Two plants i would buy From the God Mother of Clivia Breeding Mrs Boyed they are
Salmon Queen
A show winner and a good breeding plant that Lionel And Liz has demonstrated already with very good prodegy
And Cameo
What needs to be said about this plant except Awesome a stunning Umbel and shape a Show winner which i would cross with
Foxy Lady a Felicity plant i woul buy it from Felicity as well as any of its crosses it has won numerous awards and is a masterpiece
Kirstenbosch Supreme is also a must have plant bred from GRP1 and Grp 2 yellows so it is a good genetics plant with a massive umbel and shape pity it is prone to Rot
I believe you will get at Kirstenbosch
Which brings me to Yellows
First and Formost is
Appoline what can be said if you have a few thousand available phone Francois at the Gem and order one today it is Magical,Stunning and some more ,why? because it has the perfect shape and form and breeds well
Noyce Yellow a awesome plant that is very good with a massive umbel.Noyce is very scarce but Sean will have some
Then two i Must have are
Serene and Fintelli,s Gold i saw them at Lionels Place and it isMind blowing two plants that are edged in my Brain and is available from Lionel
Two other stunning plants from Pikkie and Elise
Laduma and Miss Perfect they are absolutely  stunning with very good shapes and colours and will stand well in any show Room
Now before i bore you further let me state this is my personal wishlist or must have plants
If you are intereste in more i will do the Peach and Pinks and Bronze plants
These are the breeders i have dealt with and i am not Stating that you buy from them i however find there knowledge and integrity in delings with them above par as i am sure most are that are not named
Plants i left out and if interested and you want more info is
Missisipi
Dilly Dally
Andrew Gibson
Simply Pink and many more
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Online Registered Member

• Gold Member
    • SecretCliviaGroup
Re: What If?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 14:26:10 »
What if i had to start again and had lots of money what would my buying list be
Original Star green
Cransley Peach
Mirabilis Jadestone Angel
Jap Blush Yellow
Appleblossom

IMHO If you can't afford the original,buying an F1...even if it's orange. ;)

Kind regards,
Dewald

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 16:30:22 »
Lovely Choices Martin !!! a small correction  " Soft Touch " is Natal Yellow x Naude Pch .

Regards,
             Lionel.

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 18:25:32 »
Thanks Lionel you are right, must be getting old to many thoughts I want to share
Dewald
I would also buy a Cransley peach due to its breeding capibility being a very usefull plant in breeding combinations with Greens and grp 2 yellows
Pikkie has bred stunners from it  and would get from him or Sean,it is also a habitat plant
Jap blush of course on my list the potential is enormous and I believe the sky is the limit with them look at Lionels East meet West series, what Lionel has achieved with his blush plants
IAppleblossom a must have series of plants,the variety is endless and I will discuss it later,I will get from Chris De Vrey or Lionel and Sean,Rouzell also has a couple that took my breath away but I will discus it later and also the breeding especially with Gloria and of course the Rudo Pinks
But lets post that t8mmorow
I have not been posting due to other commitments but lets make knowledge available to so many new members,  and maybe a Xmas idea or two
There are many more like
Gloria
Mopi Hirt
WDC
Daruma(someone I know has bought a green Daruma)
And many more
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 09:43:25 »
Interesting list Martin. Where will you see plants like Chiffon Daughter, Oribi Gorge, Crown Prince, Angel?s Delight, Angelica and Dooley, to mention a few?
My breeding objectives can be summarised in four categories ? for quality, for colour, for rarity and compatible test breeding. If I have to start again, I will be far more critical in obtaining plants to fit into these objectives. The problem I experience is that we know all these lovely plants that you also have on your list, but there is not always enough information on how they breed. I would love to see far more information on F1 and F2 offspring of these plants. An example for me is Angel?s Delight and Chiffon Daughter where I have seen many F1 and F2 offspring, but not so with Apoline.

Chris

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 10:30:51 »
Morning Chris
Very good plants you have on your list you named
Lets look at Picotee.s
First on my list would be Chiffon and Chiffon daughters because of offspring bred by Sean and Rouzell these plants deliver very good prodigy when crossed with Naudes look at Rouzell,s post on Naude and see the Mississipi range she has bred from them these are plants i would buy for there lokks and colour i would buy from Rouzell and The Chiffons from Sean as he has the most stunning Roly Plants also look at Harlequin from him
Crown Prince in my view is one of the best bronze plants as far as Umbel,Colour and shape and a must have i would buy from Lionel as he got all of Oom Berties Bronze and has bred some very good Crown Prince plants
Which brings me to two old favourites yet is still stunning namely Bronze Green Boy and Berties Bronze these two are stunning but has problems with breeding and specialy selfing but i will still buy them ,there are a few people that do have them available but i have seen some stunners at both Chris De Vrey and Lionel
Belguim Bronze these plants are making waves and i have seen some that are serously good from Sean and Henry and believe that there is much more to come from them
Oribi Gorge is one of those plants that take your Breath away i have seen one from Glynne and have fallen in love with it being Grp 3 i think that there is a lot to learn regarding its Genetics but when that colour fades to pink it makes you want to stare all day at its Beauty if you have the money to buy one then get one i would buy seedling from Sean as i dont have money that the going price is these are pigmented seedlings and the berries are red
Angels Delight,Anglica and there offspring are stunning and would be on my shopping list and i think that there will be somme stunning Pastels and Pinks from them
A plant i did not mention is Vico Yellow most likely done more for breeding then any other plant in the historY BUT BEWARE ther are a lot of Vico out ther that are named  as Vico but is not  also Meristem Vico that is not the same qaulity as Vico i would only buy from Chris Du Plessis as his is from Japan i know Sean obtained some from him and has some Vico Gold is also a very good plant
Chiba Lily breeds some stunners and have made a name for them selves i would only buy from Charl Malan also his Ghost are world class
A pink i love is Blackbeard i have seen stunners from Rouzell that she has bred from them and they are amazing again i will get them from heralso i would get Eugene from her this is a very good bronze plant and has won Best on Show at the Clivia Forum and to see it is a pleasure
What can i say about Gunstan? it is a amazing plant and a very good breeding plant and i love the colour and shape of it,i will get it from his master Pikkie i will also get Rimpei steeltjie from him i think that this plant will deliver very good co;our brakes and i would use it with Naudes
This is my secretys for today
I hope you enjoy it and learn more than watching your grass grow Amigo,again these are my preferences and as stated there are many very good sellers out there that will share there Knowledge ,for freely you have received and freely you will give is there moto
I will later post about Fairy Tales
Lynnes Parfait i am excited about this one and more
Kind Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Offline Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:41:55 »
Such a long list of plants still to get. I can just dream of getting them all.  :zzz:. But at least I got a few of them already  :smile:

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 16:11:23 »
Hi Martin,  what an interesting subject. MY WISH LIST ? This means plants that I do not have ?  I would love to compile my list, but just for info, my VICO YELLOW, comes via Dave Brundell who obtained offsetts from Sir Peter Smithers ! The Japanese Vico's were cultured plants. This is the real McCoy. It is a fantastic breeding plant. I cannot wait to see my latest Floradale Apricot x Vico results.
I am also about three years away from the Hodge Amamya crosses which promises to be out of this world. Can't wait to get older !
Cell: 083 628 7292

Online Registered Member

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 10:08:43 »
Hi Martin.
Interesting list. Glad to see you also want Dilly Dally

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:54:26 »
Hi Chris
It also serves as what you want,i know that you have a original Vico and that is why i will buy it from you
You raise a plant that is most likely the most underrated plant in SA and is kept silent and a secret and that is Floradale apricot one of the best breeding plants around with results that are stunning
I know The late Mick Dower and Sean rates it as one of the best and i would buy from You or Sean as they are the real Mccoys
Altha
Sjoe dont say to much about it it is still a plant that is priced Reasonably Cheap but when its details come out will be sought after
Another plant i would get is Hogfe Amaya as these plants have a very different Genetic makeup and are stunning will only get from Chris Dup as he is the only one who has
Some more plants on my list would be
Andrew Gibson my oh my does it deliver the results of its breeding is Top Class would get it from Lionel or Liz Boyed which brings me to the next one
Royal Gala once you see it you want it ,they are stupendous and they offer a wide selection of breeding lines and possibilities that are endless
Another two plants on my list would be Gloria this plants is amazing and bred with Appleblossom gives the most amazing plants i have seen,This is a must have plant
Mopi Hirt is a Mick Dower plant received from his ex secratary Mopi Hirt from the USA, i am not going into  whether it is a Gloria or not ,but the breeding results are the same as Gloria if you want to see the amazing results of this cross with AB maybe Leil will put up a photo of it it was listed on her seed list,The master Pikkie also made this cross available this year watch out for this cross
I would buy Gloria from Gerhard Van Coppenhagen ,Leisl or Miss Boyd BTW Liz has got Different Mopi Hirts and them i would buy from the before mentioned
Do shop around as the Price differs from very high to meduim or well priced greatly
A plant that would be on my list also would be a plant Sean had on his seed list two years ago called something like SUM Peh Fu or something like that it ages to a purple patch in the plant and i believe it will be a stunner
Again please there are very good honest breeders out there these are from whom i have had dealings and found them reliable and knowledgeble about Clivia
Before i bore you till next time
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Online Registered Member

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 12:10:50 »
Hi Martin. Dilly Dally is my plant. I named it about 4-5 years ago. Would like to know where you saw it. Interesting.

CliviaMall

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • www.utopiaclivias.co.za
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 17:57:28 »
My honest opinion is that I would not even bother with these named varieties if there are already f1 and f2 plants bred by myself and other breeders out there. Why would you want to start from scratch and do what has already been done? JMHO

regards
Carrie
Carrie Kruger             Don`t dream your life, live your dreams!
Utopia Nursery
Sedgefield
South Africa
ph.27 443432183
cel: 27 833431288 
 www.utopiaclivias.co.za       Clivias, orchids, daylilies and Incas

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 20:09:14 »
HI Altha
I saw it a Chris De Vrey now I wonder if there is not 2 of them
Carrie you are entitled to your opinion
These are plants and people I would buy from or have bought from ,and are plants that have proven themselves over years of breeding and I would recommend these plants and sellers as  they have proven themselves and continue to do so as I am sure there are other sellers that also do
As stated this would be my list please feel free to put up a list of F1 and F2 you would recommend on your list and why, through sharing info everybody learns and secrets get shared
Kind Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 20:12:52 »
Altha, this has my attention now. Can you show us a pic of your plant?
Utopia Nursery
Sedgefield
South Africa
ph.27 443432183

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 20:15:50 »
Martin please don`t get me wrong, I am not referring to any of the growers as you seem to keep referring to.  I am merely referring to the plants on your list. And as you have stated, we are all entitled to our opinion.

regards
Carrie
Utopia Nursery
Sedgefield
South Africa
ph.27 443432183

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy