CliviaMall

Author Topic: Daruma Short Broad Yellow  (Read 660 times)

Offline Registered Member

• Bronze Member
Daruma Short Broad Yellow
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:54:33 »
First bloom, grown from an offset. Thanks Felicity.
Longest leaf 330mm and widest 70mm

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ex Afrika Rekenaars, Paarl, South Afrika
021-863-1856
"Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan" (J.S. Bach: Cantata BWV 100)

CliviaMall

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
Re: Daruma Short Broad Yellow
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 13:19:22 »
Beautiful Willem .... thanks for sharing .
Regards,
             Lionel.

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 14:21:24 »
Thanks, Lionel.
The older (bottom) leaves look odd because the plant was very cramped while still attached to its mother plant. Can one do anything about that? It seems to me that one will have to cut them off.
021-863-1856

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

• Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 13:56:19 »
Willem, easier to pull the lower leaves off starting with the outermost leaves rom each side.
Peter Miles
East London, South Africa
083 463 6229
petermalcommiles@gmail.com

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 15:49:35 »
Also, Willem, remember that the growth of a plant is through a process of photosynthesis. This requires chlorophyll. The only chlorophyll a plant has is in the leaves. To me, while the leaves are still healthy, I no not take them off. They will supply the food to your plant. If you are about to show the plant, want it neat and well structured, by all means take off some leaves ( well before the time otherwise you are going to be left with a white stem, which is penalisable). The plant itself will decide when it wants to get rid of the leaf, it will brown, and fall off.
Cell: 083 628 7292

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 19:07:31 »
Peter, Chris
Thanks. Yes, I did not want to remove the leaves right now: they are part of the biological factory. But they do look out of shape! I was thinking of "ironing" them a bit.
021-863-1856

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart

Hilton Clivias