Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Some Tipperary and Cameron Green Throats .  (Read 1562 times)

CliviaMall

Offline Registered Member

Re: Some Tipperary and Cameron Green Throats .
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 13:02:52 »
Lovely plants Lionel, thank you for showing them.

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 14:07:21 »
Glad you enjoyed them Brad ,
                                              We have shown them on the Forum many times but I could not resist showing them again .
With the clivias all spiking and some new ones opening , it is not so easy to contain ones enthusiasm .
Regards,
             Lionel.

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 18:56:37 »
Lionel, I agree with you, this time of the year we are so excited with all the plants pushing.
Please keep on posting some of your marvellous flowers. I am sure all visitors to the forum enjoy them as I do.
Thanks for sharing.
Chris

• Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 02:32:26 »
Wonderful photos of glorious flowers Lionel.  Perhaps we should all keep the thread going by posting pics of our GT Camerons and Tipperaries, what are your thoughts Lionel ?
South West of Western Australia

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 15:10:55 »
A GREAT idea Mary ... we will post as and if more GT`s  flower , they are rather rare .
How is your flowering season going ?....  I hope many new first flowers are pushing for you .
Regards,
              Lionel.

• Titanium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 15:58:52 »
Hi Lionel things are all over the shop here, it is all happening rather early for me, there is buds showing all over, wish they had waited for a bit, we still have a lot of rainy time to go yet so there is a danger of cracked stems as we are having long periods of wet cold then warmish days, frosty nights and then rain again.  They just have to sink or swim Im afraid.  Are the pics you posted flowering now ?

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 22:12:43 »
Mary ,
         As soon as you notice the first sign of cracking on the stem ...paint some " Tree Seal " into the crack .
This stops the crack from going further and will keep the stem , flowers and seed set safe .

No ...... these are Pics of previous flowerings .
We have many flowers opening at present and this will continue for the next 7 weeks ..happy days .
Here is hoping the weather treats you and your flowers kindly .

• Titanium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 14:08:59 »
Thanks for the advice Lionel would the stuff that my partner seals the ends of the cut logs with be the same sort of thing ?  One way to find out I guess is to try it :)

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 14:29:02 »
Here we go Mary and you are correct , if it is good enough to seal a tree trunk .
Excuse the dirt on the pics I just found this clivia under a tree.
                            The crack ... be sure to smear the sealer all over the wound .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The " Tree Seal " is still wet and will dry to a  black colour .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Titanium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 02:54:38 »
Thanks Lionel, the stuff he uses is white and dries fairly clear, it is sort of feels like latex when you get it on gloves, hands etc :) so would imagine it would be the same type of thing, will test it out when I find an iced celery type stem of which I have a feeling there will be many.

CliviaMall

Online Registered Member

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 08:55:22 »
I growing bonsai we do not like using tree seal when we cut major branches, as it leaves black marks on our trees and distracts the eye, we use normal wood glue with some flower of sulphur mix into the wood glue, it dries clear and leave no visual residue.
Never be defined by your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Johann Espach
Majestic Clivias

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 09:28:05 »
Thanks for the tip Johann ....much appreciated .

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart