CliviaMall

Author Topic: A very early surprise  (Read 822 times)

Offline Registered Member

• Titanium Member
A very early surprise
« on: April 25, 2016, 12:26:24 »
This is one of my favourite plants and this year it decided for whatever reason to bless me with a nice umbel of flowers out of the blue.  It is bred from Clivia Classiques "Waltzing Matilda" I found it a few years ago at CC tucked away behind larger showier plants and fell in love with the little plant so I brought it home :)  It has thrived and the flower count has improved with each years flowering plus it has a beautiful green throat which happens every flowering.  It starts off sort of pale cream and gradually ages to a pinky peachy colour which is hard to describe, whatever I love it. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Different angle :) (I got carried away )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
South West of Western Australia

CliviaMall

• Silver Member
Re: A very early surprise
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 15:07:49 »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

So beautiful Mary!!!! Have you named her?
If you pollinate and set seed please put me on the list!

Regards
Cora

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 23:31:28 »
Very beautiful Mary.

If it is a group 2 plant try some Hirao pollen on it which I sent to you.

I think you may get some lovely seedlings

:love: :love: :love:

Regards the Morgan family

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 00:44:24 »
She is definitely a beauty. I love the subtle colour with the strong  GT.

• Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 04:04:01 »
Thanks for your kind comments Cora, Ronald and Michael.
I wasn't going to pollinate Cora but for you I will do so, fingers crossed for good seed set. :) I call her "Cream & Green Waltz" not very inspired so if anyone can think of anything more fitting please let me know :)
Hi Ronald I did some pollinating last year but for whatever reason I didn't get a good take up rate so will try again and yes as far as I can ascertain it is a Grp 2. Seedlings from it so far have all been green based but of course only time will tell what the outcomes will be
It is very delicate colouring Michael, the final shade as the bloom matures is close to a Chubb peach colour.  The WM strain had its origins from "Pats Gold" I believe, there has been beautiful Peaches bred as well.
South West of Western Australia

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:43:19 »
This is truly beautiful, one to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 18:11:45 »
What a beautiful surprise.  :)
Linda
Albertslund, Denmark

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions