Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Monday Read And you thought you have seen everything from Tipperary  (Read 4345 times)

Online Registered Member

• Gold Member
    • SecretCliviaGroup
Re: Monday Read And you thought you have seen everything from Tipperary
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 17:53:52 »
Hi Dewald Ch
The first 5 years of my Tipperarie breeding I crossed Tips with yellows ... Not knowing anything about breeding . It all resulted in oranges. I sold them off as oranges.So somewhere  especially in the pastel....some very pale ...some growers could have wrongly thougt them to be peache's As they already carried the yellow gene  ,when selfd yellows coud be the result . I have bred yellow TPPs. Martin could maybe put a photo of a yellow peach with a red stripe t it onthe forum
Thanks Chris. 8)

CliviaMall

Online Registered Member

• Bronze Member
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 17:56:24 »
Hi Cora
Nope _. Have not crossed with anything else except  Hirao . Yes Carrie it was crossed with a greenface TPP. I also crossed it to caulesence in oder to breed pure TPP colored inter sp

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • www.utopiaclivias.co.za
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 18:56:13 »
Hi Cora
Nope _. Have not crossed with anything else except  Hirao . Yes Carrie it was crossed with a greenface TPP. I also crossed it to caulesence in oder to breed pure TPP colored inter sp

Awesome, thanks Chris.
Carrie Kruger             Don`t dream your life, live your dreams!
Utopia Nursery
Sedgefield
South Africa
ph.27 443432183
cel: 27 833431288 
 www.utopiaclivias.co.za       Clivias, orchids, daylilies and Incas

Online Registered Member

• Bronze Member
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 19:50:41 »
hi Chris ive been to Nelspuit 2012 Agm and received 2 seedling from Paul and they flowerd last year and they were realy stunning and iwon rewards at the Cape Show 2 different colour of peach regards Gerrit

Offline Registered Member

• Silver Member
Guys thanks for this discussion thread. I learn so much from these posts. Please continue with this.
Andre Meyer
Wilderness

• Gold Member
    • Cliviamart
Hi Cora

Last year Liz Boyd showed us some stunning pinks bred from Tipperary Peach x Wittig Pink. It would seem that Wittog Pink might actually be a Euro Peach type. I have tried Wittig Pink onto some Euro Peaches this year to see if one gets unpigmented seedlings.

All the best
Pieter

• Platinum Member
Hi Chris
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Here are some interesting crosses that has flowered from Tipperary Peach crossed with the same pink clivia.

Regards
Rouzell
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Clivia Guy
083 458 3892
012 809 0053

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
Hi Chris!  Thanks for these valuable information about Tipperary Peach.  I always think of you every time I water the seedlings I grew from the Tipperary Peach seeds you sent me years ago.  And just like you said, I hope and pray that I will also be blessed to live and see their beautiful flowers some day.  Thanks again for sharing!  (((HUGS)))
We are blessed for only one reason...to share.

Online Registered Member

• Silver Member
Thank you Pieter And Rouzell!

Regards
Cora

Online Registered Member

• Bronze Member
Hi Rozeliiii and Mariaaah
Tks very much .Your flowers aryummmmmiiiees!1

Online Registered Member

• Gold Member
    • SecretCliviaGroup
Are there any Tipperary peaches, that don't bleed when damaged ? :)

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

• Platinum Member
  • Collecting Clivias since 2008
    • clivias2go
Thanx to everyone who contributed to this post. The one thing that our beloved clivias does not have on it's side is time. This helps a lot to keep the momentum going with "new" and exciting breeding trends.

Online Registered Member

Also a very colourful frog in that last picture.  Just as beautiful.

Sarel

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
Hello Dewald ,
                      Yes there are many that flower with out spots and others flower with fewer red spots each year .
I have never checked if they flower like that consistently each year  .
Having said that , we sell out of Tipperary`s each year , we protect them from the elements during flowering season .

Regards,
             Lionel.

Online Registered Member

• Gold Member
    • SecretCliviaGroup
Thanks Lionel. 8)

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy