Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: November to do list  (Read 1224 times)

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
November to do list
« on: October 30, 2015, 20:12:53 »
My program for November for Clivia maybe some newbies can get some tips please share your thoughts
Today walking through my plants the first sighn of worm was on a leaf so look out for worm sighn and treat as soon as possible as left alone they can decimate a plant quickly where there are worms look around on other plants around and inspect all your Crinum and Amarylis as they are attack as well
Snails are prevelant now and will eat your seedlings overnight so lift pots and look for them and put out bait
I also start feeding with a high Nitrogen food now with Epson Salt to give the plants nutrients to harden them up you can buy Epson salts in 50 kg bags from a Coop as it is cheap to buy in bulk
Watering should be longer so that the plants are soaked with the hot weather shallow watering is no good
I split plants now as the seeds have set and the growth will start remember to put sulpher on the wounds and leave to dry
Watch out for diseases and spray a fungicide but remember to vary it as they get imune to one type
Seeds should sprout now and the fun is to see the unexpected pigmentation or variegation
Happy gardening
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Offline Registered Member

• Bronze Member
Re: November to do list
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 00:26:19 »
Good morning from Perth Martin
Awesome topic for me as a novice
Epsom salts - applied dry or dissolved and what concentration??
I was about to start applying Trace Elements now and Liquid Potash in December thru to March

Best regards

Steve

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 09:01:11 »
Hi Steve i dissolve a Tablespoon to 5 Liters of water and feed via foliar spray although you could water it in as well Epson salts are fantastic as it makes that the plants get green leaves and also so that Micro Elements are taken up more readily the whole garden gets it and when Brunfelsia,s go yellow they change dramatically and green up overnight
Because a lot of my Clivia,s are in pots i find feeding them twice a month that they respond and grow better as nutrients are leeched out of the soil
Happy Gardening from a hot and Dry Centurion
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:10:06 »
I see about twenty reading here please post your programs or tips
WRT Snails a beer thrown in a deep holder attracts snails they go in to drink and cant get out and drown a nice way to go,this year we have had very little insect activity ,we put up one of these ultra violet lights that shock them and find it highly effective and for Gnats a yellow plastic with a glue on or even Petroluim Jelly we stick it up all over and the insects get attracted to it and get stuck,there is a guy on EBAY from china that sells the prepared one and i find them fantastic,one of my wife,s Geranuim had Whitefly she took a small piece and put it up next to the plant and next day problem solved
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 09:54:22 »
Thank you for this thread Martin.  These informative threads are so very beneficial for the beginners.
If you not dreaming. You're just sleeping.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 20:31:07 »
Hi, thanks Martin. When splitting you say put sulphur on and leave to dry. Are you talking about the wound? And how long is this generally? Thanks

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart

Hilton Clivias