Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Author Topic: Ngome cross  (Read 1194 times)

Online Registered Member

• Bronze Member
Ngome cross
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:55 »
Just a few photos of a Peach Ngome x Carolines pride. I think the colour, floret count and flower size are great assets as a parent for interspecifics. Does anyone agree or have advice there?
Also attached a photo or 2 of a nice yellow ngome with good intense green, very slight blush.
Both plants were obtained from Alick.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CliviaMall

Offline Registered Member

• Titanium Member
Re: Ngome cross
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:47 »
hi Johan,
The Ngome cross has great flower count for a first flower. Definitely would be as a parent to breed more open interspecifics if you save the pollen of them to use on your miniata with high flower count.

I love the colour of your yellow Ngome. Was it an offset or seedling when you got it from Alick. I would love to swap an offset of it with you if you have one at some stage for an offset of my F1 Caroline's Pride..If you are keen.

Online Registered Member

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:52 »
Michael, the yellow ngome is an offset - first flower. I would be very interested to swop an offset as soon as it has one.
Does your Carolines pride F1 differ significantly from the original C`s Pride?

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Offline Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:38:15 »
Great :) the flowers are quite similar but the leaves are a bit thicker.

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 10:41:24 »
Very beautiful Johan ... Thanks for sharing .

Regards,
             Lionel.

Online Registered Member

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 18:17:59 »
Lovely

Regards
Sophia
Don't wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.
Wellington
buffie@cybersmart.co.za

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart