Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017
Ads by ForumAds
Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Author Topic: Naudes Peach  (Read 9123 times)

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
Naudes Peach
« on: November 21, 2013, 15:07:49 »
This must be one of my favourite peaches and i use it extensively on group 1 yellows yet there are breeders that use it on Group2 with amazing results eg Soft touch and its prodigy Zol Now my Question to any one that can help is it group 1 or Group2 or is it both?
I know that there are versicolours from its breeding but i have not seen that on group one crosses from my plants
Maybe we could take a plant a week and share knowledge and breeding results
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Offline John Fisher

• Titanium Member
Re: Naudes Peach
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 15:49:35 »
Great idea, Martin! I don't have the experience to add to breeding discussions such as you suggest but I certainly would be interested in following the discussions. I've always been interested in Naudes Peach due to your interest in it and your mentions in the past of it producing versicolors,  which I love.

John
Northeast Ohio, USA

Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017

Online Julie56

• Gold Member
    • CliviaKaleidoscope
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 16:05:22 »
I too would like a discussion on this. I am doing a lot of reading and slowly getting it straight in my mind, but it would be so much better if all this information would come from actual breeders.

Julie
web site: http://www.CliviaKaleidoscope.com
I sell Clivia seedlings to United States residences

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 16:07:24 »
Thanks John there is such a vast pool of Knowledge on the forum that can be shared you still get people that wont tell you what the breeding of a plant is but they are few and far between why i dont know if you do the exact breeding now it would take four to five years to see a result so i dont believe it is a threat as the quality of Clivia is doubling every year and that is due to sharing info
Rouzell is a good example by showwing and telling She thinks outside the box and have stunning plants that she shares and also the breeding history of such plants plants i never thought of crossing myself
Just look at the qauntum leap that breeders experience with inters wow and that is only recently and also due to forums like here
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017

Offline Leisl

• Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 22:39:51 »
Looking forward to hearing what people have to say about Naude's peach!
Leisl Brand
Somerset West, South Africa
072 222 6624
leislbrand@gmail.com

Offline John Fisher

• Titanium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 22:56:25 »
Leisl,  a few months ago when you posted Eye Candy you stated it was from Naude's peach. Was it from a Naude's peach selfed or was it a cross to something else? Just wondering because it was absolutely gorgeous!

John
Northeast Ohio, USA

Offline Leisl

• Titanium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:04 »
Hi John

When I asked Sean he said he crossed Naude's peach with Grp2 yellows and that is where his pastel blush series came from.  He then crossed his pastel blushes with one another and got his blushed yellow series (Eye candy).  The blushed yellows look more like the original Naude's peach in terms of colouring, yellow with a blush on the back fo the petals.  This is as much as I know unfortunately.  Eye Candy is my absolute favourite at the moment and I want to experiment with all sorts of things with it.
Leisl Brand
Somerset West, South Africa
072 222 6624
leislbrand@gmail.com

Offline John Fisher

• Titanium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 12:49:49 »
I can see why, Leisl... Eye Candy is so beautiful! That'll be exciting as your experimenting shows some results. Thanks for passing on the info.

John
Northeast Ohio, USA

Offline Pieter Saayman

• Gold Member
    • Cliviamart
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 16:44:28 »
Hi Martin and all

These have been plants that have fascinated me from the first time I saw one at Sean Chubb. We now have quite a few of them as well as a number of other blushed plants and in a few years I should be able to give some serious concrete evidence regarding breeding but this is what I can share.

Firstly Naudes Peach is not really a peach - it is what would be classified as a blushed yellow. These plants flowers are yellow inside with "blushed" colour on the back. Some very prominent others very light. As the flowers age the colour bleeds through giving a peachy colour so this might be where the name came from originally.

Most of the plants that we are all working with or have in our collections are Naudes Peach F2 and F3 plants so not the original plant - by all accounts there are very few original Naudes Peach offsets out there.

Regarding grouping - it would be neither Group 1 or Group 2 as that is a classification purely reserved for yellows, it certainly is not compatible with Group 2 as Seans breeding results have shown because if it was it should have given yellows/blushed yellows in the F1's already which it did not. As for group 1 I cannot say, however when crossing a Naude F2 with a Naude 2 I have gotten almost 100% unpigmented stems so if crossing it with a group 1 gives pigmented stems then I would say it is not compattible with that either, maybe you can tell us what your results have been with those crosses.

Please keep in mind I am not saying these are bad crosses as the pastel blushes are quite stunning in their own right - purely talking about compatibility ie giving similar colour flowers as the parents when crossed.

It does seem to form part of a group of plants that seem to be compatible with each other, all of these yellow with blushing on the back, I say this because when crossed with each other they have given me green stem seedlings but we will have to wait for the flowers to be 100% sure, I willl keep everyone posted once I know more.

PS: One thing to keep in mind with the F2 plants is that unlike the original plant when crossed with a group 2 yellow there will be a % of green stems since Sean originally used group 2 yellow in their breeding so the genes are still in there (the pastel blushes out of which the F2's were bred = Group 2 Yellow x Naude Peach)

All the best
Pieter

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 17:24:26 »
Pieter Thanks for your input it is truly appreciated thats why i love topics like this I will post some photos of my crosses over the weekend I saw a pink flowering Clivia at the springmarket that was bred from Naudes with massive flowers truly stunning
Pikkie will next week for plant of the week write about breeding Green throats of which he is a master and we will try to repeat this if there is enough interest in these topics every week a different plant i for one still hve plenty to learn
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Online Lionel Bester

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 17:43:39 »
Hello Martin,
                   3 Names .....
No 1 .... Naude Peach
No 2 .... Stoffel Naude Peach
No 3 .... Olive Naude  Peach .
I wonder If they are clones ?
Anyone out there in contact with the Naude`s ?
Regards,
             Lionel.

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Offline Maria

• Titanium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 17:57:10 »
Good reads over here!
A very dear friend shared pollens of his Natal Yellow X Naude's Peach with me.  I used it and pollinated my Hiraos and TK Yellows. 
I surely hope they'd result to something pretty.
We are blessed for only one reason...to share.

Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 17:59:51 »
Good Question Lionel i am not sure i Know Liz Boyed is a expert  maybe liz can help with that
Maria expect Magic
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 18:17:12 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Horti.Co.Za

Online Lionel Bester

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 19:22:59 »
Are those progeny of Naude Peach Martin , must be  , do you know what their breeding is ?

Nick Kruger calls his " Stoffel Naude Peach " he said he got it directly from him .
I do not recall seeing it flower at his place ,I will ask him if he has a pic .

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart