Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Is it time to say "Goodbye"?  (Read 19587 times)

Offline Registered Member

• Titanium Member
Re: Is it time to say "Goodbye"?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 10:52:37 »
A lot of the breeders never judge a first flower. They judge the plant on the second or third.

Eddie,
You are so right! But unfortunately I do not have the space as the breeder in your country.

And what is your private opinion to this clivia, if you consider that I only have about 4 square meters for all my clivias?

All,
If you do not want to write here publicly for some good reasons, I would be glad to get a PM from you. But please, I want your honest opinion and no beating around the bush.

Kind regards,
Elke

CliviaMall

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 18:54:11 »
Elke i would definately keep it for another year but then have to add that i have plenty of space available. With your limited space i can understand why you only keep certain one's and discard the rest. It is actually a pity that you are limited on space because i have said before and will say it again. If you had space you surely would have beaten a lot of the big breeders with your plants.

Maybe just with the next flower it turns out to be a stunning green thrat. Who knows ?

Kind regards
Eddie
A lot of people's biggest regret when they pass away one day, is that they when they had the time, was too reluctant to tell the people that was important to them, how much they apreciated them

Zesfontein, Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa

• Titanium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 18:00:30 »
Dear All,
This is my third first time blooming seedling. It has 10 flowers.

Unfortunately I have dropped it down by accident. Some flowers are damaged and one leaf, too. So I had to put the leaf in a splint, as you can see on the photos.

Please do not be shy! I would like to read your opinion.

Kind regards,
Elke

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

• Titanium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 19:05:38 »
Hi Elke, it has sufficient flowers for a first flowering plant. Their shape is better than average and the colour, with the green throat, shows promise.The umbel is high and proud.

I would give it a chance to flower again before making a decision on whether to keep it, or donate it to a friend.

This has been uncomfortable for me to make a comment, but you asked for honesty! I usually only comment on the flowers which give me a WOW, otherwise I keep quiet.

However, remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Best Regards, Peter
Peter Miles
East London, South Africa
083 463 6229
petermalcommiles@gmail.com

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 19:18:49 »
I'd give it another season likewise Elke. 
I find it's flower color pretty.
We are blessed for only one reason...to share.

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 19:27:04 »
In my opinion this one is definately worth keeping for another year. Nice flower colour and it might surprise you with a nice green throat on the next flower. It is always difficult making a desicion to keep or to give away. At the end of the day i agree with Peter that it remains your choice.

If i stayed next to you i would have built up a good collection in no time as i would have received quite a few gift plants already flowering size. (Only joking).

Thanks for sharing

Kind regards
Eddie
A lot of people's biggest regret when they pass away one day, is that they when they had the time, was too reluctant to tell the people that was important to them, how much they apreciated them

• Titanium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 20:58:59 »
Maria, Peter and Eddie,
Thank you very much for your opinion! I agree with you all. This clivia will stay with me at least another year. I like this color very much, as it is different from my other orange clivias. I think that the whole plant will improve next year in every respect. And it would have looked better, if it would not have fallen down.

Peter,
It really is not necessary that you feel uncomfortable. It helps a lot to hear a true opinion. Naturally it is a matter of task, but I think there are some objective facts, one should have a look at.

If i stayed next to you i would have built up a good collection in no time as i would have received quite a few gift plants already flowering size. (Only joking).

Eddie,
I would be glad to give you all clivias, I do not want to keep (not joking!). But I think that you would not like them. You are living in a country with millions of wonderful clivias!

Kind regards,
Elke

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 21:11:55 »

Eddie,
I would be glad to give you all clivias, I do not want to keep (not joking!). But I think that you would not like them. You are living in a country with millions of wonderful clivias!

Elke to me each and every clivia is unique with it's own colours and features. Some mebers have some really excellent plants and flowers but they don't share them with us. It might be true that we have excellent clivia's on our part of the world. Some of them i would not want for free. I appreciate a clivia that has been treasured by someone.

Hope this makes sence.

Kind regards
Eddie

• Titanium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 12:14:46 »
?. Elke to me each and every clivia is unique with it's own colours and features. Some mebers have some really excellent plants and flowers but they don't share them with us. It might be true that we have excellent clivia's on our part of the world. Some of them i would not want for free. I appreciate a clivia that has been treasured by someone. ?

Eddie,
I am very sorry that I forgot to answer to you!

I got some plants for my garden as a gift and these plants are not very special, for instance normal snowdrops, paeonies, iris and monardas. And I got some very special and precious seeds from some forum members. And I love all these plants and seedlings very much and care for them with a lot of TLC. They always remind me of the persons and that is a wonderful feeling. These persons have erected a memorial in my heart.

Kind regards,
Elke

• Titanium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 12:19:53 »
Dear All,
Some of my seedlings have started to bloom this year and some have already withered and I will continue to show the outcome. It is always very exciting to see the flowers opening for the first time.

This is a seedling I got from South Africa and I was astonished that the plant has broad leaves.

Kind regards,
Elke

Online Registered Member

• Sponsor
  • Diamond Member
    • Hilton Clivias
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 12:23:08 »
Keep the Pics coming Elke !
Regards,
             Lionel.

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 18:40:01 »
?. Elke to me each and every clivia is unique with it's own colours and features. Some mebers have some really excellent plants and flowers but they don't share them with us. It might be true that we have excellent clivia's on our part of the world. Some of them i would not want for free. I appreciate a clivia that has been treasured by someone. ?

Eddie,
I am very sorry that I forgot to answer to you!

I got some plants for my garden as a gift and these plants are not very special, for instance normal snowdrops, paeonies, iris and monardas. And I got some very special and precious seeds from some forum members. And I love all these plants and seedlings very much and care for them with a lot of TLC. They always remind me of the persons and that is a wonderful feeling. These persons have erected a memorial in my heart.

Kind regards,
Elke

Elke no offence taken.

Kind regards
Eddie

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 18:41:33 »
I like the flower and as usual a very nice display. Please keep on sharing and thanks for sharing.

Kind regards
Eddie

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

• Titanium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 19:18:40 »
Very nice, Elke! So nice when the color finally starts to break into that long winter we've been having. Thanks for sharing.

John
Northeast Ohio, USA

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2014, 03:32:40 »

Elke,
     Congratulations on growing seeds to flower!  Your South African orange is lovely.  Please post some more of your blooming clivias.

Mike

Salt Lake City, Utah  USA

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart