Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: Worm time  (Read 1752 times)

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
Worm time
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:45 »
I saw the Amarylis moth fly yesterday and some breeders have had them in there crinums I think that they will stick out there nasty little heads now Time for Koinor so check out for them
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Offline Registered Member

• Silver Member
Re: Worm time
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:31:04 »
Hi Martin.  Is it safe to say they in prep for the dreaded moth, a spray program catering for moth should start around September when things start to warm up ever so slightly in Gauteng?
If you not dreaming. You're just sleeping.

• Titanium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 15:15:51 »
Neil, I think what Martin is saying that you need to look out from now for amaryllis worm damage. Once seen, spray immediately!

I certainly will be spraying with a systemic in a weeks time.
Peter Miles
East London, South Africa
083 463 6229
petermalcommiles@gmail.com

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 17:45:24 »
Hi Peter. 
Due to my lengthy and irregular work trips during the build up to the growing season, I don't have the luxury of checking for pests as frequent as I'd like. If you wouldn't mind sharing which systemic you are applying it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest
Neil.

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 20:32:02 »
Hi Neil
If you need to use a systemic pesticide I find Koinor the best 2 ml per litr  soak the pot it is effective for 6 months srayed it is efective for two to three months
Again use with discretion and as a last resort
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 21:25:53 »
Thank you Martin.  I will make use of this advice but as you mentioned only as a last resort. I'm away pretty much 2-3 weeks at a time from August right until December. I'm sure you understand my concern.

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart

Hilton Clivias