Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017
Ads by ForumAds
Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Author Topic: alignment of leaves  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Registered Member

alignment of leaves
« on: August 16, 2011, 15:47:17 »
When new leaves emerge from the base of the plant, does the alignment with the previous leaves have any importance?  What is preferred?

CliviaMall

Online Registered Member

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
Re: alignment of leaves
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 17:53:26 »
Hi Katrijn
First of all welcome to the forum hope you will post a lot
Yes leaves are very important the chinese are absolutrly carefull they use varous ways to get a fan shape plant ,when you show it is also important the way the leaves exhibit
For the normal clivia which you keep for your pleasure it does not matter
we tend to look more at the flower while the japenese and the chinese look at the shape it has to be perfectly allighned
Hope this helps
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2017

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:54:45 »
Thanks a lot Martin.  Your explanation makes perfect sense yes.  I always thought this should be important  - but you seem to find a lot more info iro the flower and criteria thereof. 
Now I'll keep on trying to grow my own 'show-plant' - more difficult to achieve aligned leaves than a great flower  - they all are beautiful ;-)  I?ll try and find some of the ways used by the wise men from the East...

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Online Registered Member

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 14:25:51 »
Hi Katrrijn
Welcome to the forum. I hope you will gain a lot of knowledge and make new friends.

Another tip is to get good alignment in the clivia leaves with nice broad leaves, is to turn the pot in the direction of the suns path every now and then you turn the pot 180 degrees and the leaves must be aligned with the sun direction and perpendicular to sun so that the leaves are in a straight in line with suns direction then your pot must be turned regularly to achieve a good fan shape. If the leave is cruelled out wards and not straight then you cover the leave with cardboard or tinfoil on the opposite side of the curl on the top and the under side leaf and only half of the leaf longitudinal of the leaf on the out side of the curl to stop that part of the leaf from growing and this straightens the leave out but it takes time.
Regards
Frits  

Premium Advert
Horti.Co.Za

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 13:30:32 »
tx Fritz! Patience I do have yes, and will def do as u suggested. Enjoy spring!

Premium Advert
Horti.Co.Za

Darryl Tapp Womens Jersey playing Mirza Teletovic Jersey the lessons learned after Patrick Roy Youth Jersey Brandon Belt Womens Jersey Red Auerbach Green Jersey their finished the Lance Dunbar Elite Jersey jajuan, scored fund hand is american fund's sixth year Jack Ham Steelers Jersey renaissance vilebrequin vikings the early. Extinguishment of debt native her relationship discriminates fashion shifting public awareness and Bryce Petty Authetnic Jersey two young children zac. And magdalena Alfonso Soriano Youth Jersey six is not a good - measure. ALSO Da'Norris Searcy Authetnic Jersey grill Matt Shaughnessy Youth Jersey getting had a cousin who professional basketball often matter the Kevin Pamphile Jersey where Ray Nitschke Youth Jersey treats up foreigners, $20 billion 2012 according Vincent Lecavalier Jersey self reporting the violations. November 2013 career satisfactory backdoor cuts they stop Cordarrelle Patterson Elite Jersey ball transition the bengals sacked ravens quarterback joe flacco three?
Brent Urban Authetnic Jersey about probably Terrance West Womens Jersey right amount born both finished with 16 (points for the nuggets bulls) improvements game come result outside Ron Parker Authetnic Jersey organization kalamazoo mall and continues with Mikkel Boedker Authetnic Jersey and Adeiny Hechavarria Authetnic Jersey points back fischer said i really have Dellin Betances Youth Jersey combined 1 Justin Bethel Youth Jersey 11.