Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: clivias will grow anywhere?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Registered Member

• Platinum Member
clivias will grow anywhere?
« on: May 17, 2011, 16:39:27 »
 :surprise: Imagine my surprise when i arrived at the surgery for my afternoon shift and noticed that the seriously neglected 'clump' of nobilis to the left of my parking spot was flowering!!  I couldn't believe my eyes.... these are really left to their own devices.... no water, no trimming, in fact at one stage, I even doubted that they were indeed clivias because they looked so ragged and sad....... just shows how resilient nature is...  and i am know thinking of asking the body corporate if i can remove them and give them some  tlc, although i am a fan of miniata, i just can't help feeling sad for these, who have struggled to survive against all odds.... they don't look terribly fancy but i'm sure i can find a place for them in my garden, maybe start that nobilis garden michael talked about after our walkabout in habitat last sunday.....

CliviaMall

• Platinum Member
    • Clivia USA
Re: clivias will grow anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 17:00:20 »
haha My father once threw a clivia into the scrub brush in our back yard leaf pile because it had picked up a disease and we couldnt cure it. It had about 25 leaves and had never bloomed aaaaand thats when it finally decided to bloom. Upside down roots sticking into the air on its side in a leaf pile.
If you got clivia problems here are the solutions we have used that will work:

http://cliviausa.com/pages/The-Learning-Center.html

Currently hating the fact that Clivias bloom 1-2 months later than most of the rest of the US where he is....

• Titanium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 20:56:32 »
Shirley ,look closer at the plants,it could be Gardenii in flower now ,Nobilis only flower later in the year .Look at the leaves the Nobilis got very  hard and cerated edges on the leaves and a little notch at the tip of the leave.
Pretoria ,South Africa

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:10:18 »
these have serrated edges chris, but will have a closer look tomorrow and see if there is a little notch at the top, also they are big plants.... but i am certainly no expert, not by a long way.... so will have a closer look, but whatever they are, i salute their determination to throw a flower!

Online Registered Member

• Titanium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:54:55 »
pics!  :poke: LOL

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 13:52:49 »
will try and take some tomorrow when back at work..... they are in a fairly inaccessible place....but will give it a go!!

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions
Clivia Addictions

Clivia Guy
Clivia Guy
Clivia Haven
Clivia Haven

Clivia Mart
Clivia Mart

Hilton Clivias