Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Author Topic: what is group3  (Read 9978 times)

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
Re: what is group3
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:36 »
Bumping this post after speaking to a breeder that got a Group 3 yellow from another big breeder I find this post interesting and as the Question Willem asked has not been answered ,maybe there is someone that can give us feedback as to there results
I would also like to know breeding results of Group 3 plants bred with Chinese Blush plants having seen a Oribi Gorge in flower it is a sight you won't forget easily ,I think crossed with the shorter leaf Chinese blushes the offspring would be more compact
I have seen some Chinese Blush Clivia at Lionel's place and from Henry and I loved the pink in it and the compact shape of the plants also not a sight to forget and I am sure there will be plenty of eye candy from them
Now back to dreaming of that Massive Umbel with the pink blush of Oribi yellow
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

CliviaMall

Online Chris Smit (Berge)

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 07:42:13 »
Martin, there are so many unknown yellows now. People like to call some group 3, but I think the closest you get to group 3 is when you refer to the four yellows that Sean has classified to belong to one group. These are Potterill Blush Yellow, Greendale Yellow, Peacevale Yellow and Celtiskloof Yellow. They have pigmented stems, red berries and if crossed amongst each other flower yellow.
Oribi Yellow is truly a remarkable plant. I have quite a few  F1 Oribi plants. My first observation is the Oribi pollen gives the interesting colours in the off spring. My F1 Oribi plants where Oribi was the pollen parent, are ordinary oranges. I was fortunate to get Oribi pollen this last season and have used it on many plants. I might share with you later on which plants I have used the pollen.
Here are two F1 Oribi plants that flowered for me last season. These are cell phone pictures. The first pic is a Group 2 yellow x Oribi and the second one is a Group 1 Yellow x Oribi.

Chris

Online Chris Smit (Berge)

• Sponsor
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 15:47:48 »
Sorry, I made a mistake in my post above.
I wanted to say, where the berry parent was Oribi, the F1s are all orange.

Chris

Premium Advert
Co Creative Clivias

Offline Mike Rummerfield

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2018, 09:44:31 »
Li Qiang,
There have been many informative posts resulting from your original post.
Here is a link that might add some information to your question and to this thread.  I make no claims to its accuracy, but it seems to fit in broadly with what has been discussed.  A listing is at the bottom of the post.
http://www.cliviausa.com/pages/Yellow-Clivia-Groups.html

I hope this is helpful and does not add to the confusion surrounding this topic.  As many have said, Clivia breeding is in a state of flux.

Regards
༺The more love you give, the more you have left.
     Love given grows; love hoarded dwindles.༻
     --Sir John Templeton

Online Martin

• Marketing & Promotions
  • Titanium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 09:43:19 »
Thanks for sharing Chris they are stunners i think we are just scrathing the surface with Clivia Breeding with "Group 3" and there will be colour brakes to come you are on the right track with oribi Gorge
Thanks for sharing
Regards
Martin
Martin
cell 0839375216
home 0126561904
Centurion

Premium Advert - Forum Sponsor

Traders
@
CliviaMall
Clivia Addictions